A SAFE AND STANDARDISED PRODUCT CERTIFICATION PROCESS
The Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) has implemented a Regional Conformity Assessment Scheme (RCAS) since 2005, delegating the task to the GCC Standardization Organization (GSO) to establish the harmonisation, integration and building of the standardisation areas and quality infrastructure in the member states (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and Yemen).
In the year 2017, SASO launched a national conformity assessment scheme as per the new Saudi Product Safety Program (SALEEM) which is part of the national transformation program 2020, and 2030 vision of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The SALEEM program is seeking, under the auspices of SASO, to set out mechanisms and procedures for insuring the safety of local and imported products subject to Saudi standards.
Gulf Technical Regulation for Low Voltage Electrical Equipment and Appliances (BD-142004-1) lays down the mandatory requirements for the safety and electromagnetic compatibility of electrical equipment with which all electrical equipment must comply before placing it in the market.
Electronic and electrical devices and appliances (list No.(2): TC143307-01 ) designed for use with a voltage rating of:
50 – 1000 Vac
75 – 1500 Vdc
Toys destined for sale and/or distribution in the GCC must conform to GCC Technical Regulation on Children’s Toys (BD 131704-01) and display the G-Marking.
The GCC Technical Regulation defines a toy as an item “designed or intended, whether or not exclusively, for use in play by children under 14 years of age”.
SALEEM is the general conformity program website showing an overview of the new conformity assessment scheme (including applicable technical regulations and accepted conformity assessment bodies).
SABER is the web portal under SALEEM, through which importers or manufacturers register a model, assign the CAB of their choice, and upload all the necessary documents related to the product and shipment. The certificates issued through SABER will automatically appear at customs for clearance.
Bureau Veritas Dubai is approved as a conformity assessment body for the following SASO technical regulation scopes:
- Metals and their alloys for constructions and buildings.
- Insulating and cladding materials for buildings.
- Bricks, tiles ceramics and sanitary ware.
- Plastic pipes and metal pipes, used in electrical wiring systems and water, in buildings and fittings.
- Paints, thinner, putties and related products.
- Motor lubricating oils and petroleum-based products.
- Household detergent products.
- Degradable plastic products.
- Recyclable packaging product.
- Liquefied petroleum gas appliances and accessories.
- Footwear and leather products.
- Electric batteries.
- Telecommunication devices.
- Auto spare parts.
- Lift elevator system and similar systems.
- Amusements parks rides and devices.
- Personal protective equipment.
- Water rationalisation tools.
- Materials and surfaces in contact with food.
- Hazardous materials in electrical equipment and devices (ROHS).
- GCC technical regulations for children’s toys.
- GCC technical regulations for low voltage equipment and appliances.
Eases trade operations
by recognising existing conformity proof to avoid unnecessary additional testing.
One-stop-shop for inspection, testing and certification for a variety of products.
Presence of a global, efficient network with necessary expertise.
DISCOVER OUR GOVERNMENT SERVICES & INTERNATIONAL TRADE SERVICES