Risk Based Inspection (RBI)
MAKE OUR RBI A VITAL PART OF YOUR PLANNED ASSET INTEGRITY MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
As an oil and gas industry operator, you need to have the confidence that your facility will operate smoothly and efficiently while maximising asset potential. To ensure the mechanical integrity of assets and comply with international codes, standards, and local jurisdictional requirements, you will need to conduct inspections at regular intervals. To optimise inspection and keep costs low, we can help you confidently target high risk assets for the right level of inspection.
Our qualified experts are available to support asset owners and operators with developing their RBI programs in compliance with API standards and international best practices.
LEARN ABOUT HOW OUR RISK BASED INSPECTION ASSESSMENTS CAN REDUCE YOUR RISKS AND IMPROVE YOUR ASSETS
Bureau Veritas provides Risk Based Inspection (RBI), an assessment processes which determines your assets’ risk by identifying credible damage mechanisms, estimating the Probability of Failure (POF), and determining the Consequence of Failure (COF). At the same time, we help you in identifying risk drivers to develop effective risk mitigation strategies and conduct risk driven inspection plans.
All of our RBI studies are performed and delivered in compliance with API-580 and 581 standards.
Our RBI assessment process involves the following stages of inspection:
- Data collection, review, validation, and population, after which we provide advice on how to obtain any needed additional data.
- Development of corrosion loops by identifying the active and potential damage taking into account the process conditions, and environment of materials.
- Development of inventory groups to estimate volume available for release.
- Risk assessment and analysis by evaluating your POF and COF. The former takes into account the failure frequency of your database and management systems, while COF involves the evaluation of costs associated with equipment repair and replacement, affects on surrounding assets, environmental impact, safety, and smooth flow of business.
- Incorporating asset details, damage mechanisms, risk levels, and date, type, location, and extent of inspection, alongside inspection interval, and intrusive and non-intrusive inspection.
- QA/QC of deliverables, workshops, meetings, and close interaction with your technical team and validation of your deliverables.
Our teams demonstrate
the highest levels of technical competence and experience with international and regional asset owners.
We have the versatility
to provide all needed solutions for the full range of studies using a wide variety of reliable digital applications.
Our team is fully conversant
in international codes, standards, and industry best practices, for a wide range of asset management methodologies. We can deliver the right solutions that comply with international standards as well as provide tailor-made solutions.
Compliance to international codes
standards, and jurisdictional regulations.
High levels of asset reliability
and confidence needed for facility operations with ALARP Risk.
We help you with
increasing shutdown and turnaround intervals
We provide increased knowledge
of asset deterioration mechanisms, and associated levels of risk for effective mitigation.
improved, efficient, and optimised
An improved, efficient, and optimised inspection and corrosion management program.
and environmental protection advice.
You are supported
the complete implementation process.